Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Steam givaway and reduced prices

So Steam is doing a promotion at the moment and, from what I understand, this is how it works:

There is 2 ways to be a winner; You can get lucky and hope that on one of the 10 days they choose to make a game that you want a 'featured' sale item (at which i think the price is reduced by 75%); or the other option is that you have 10 items in your Steam wishlist, then visit the 'featured' game of the day and you could win 1 of 10 copies.

So, pretty sweet right? Well, I spose it is. It didn't make me sit up til the next day to see the next game to be reduced, but it did prompt me to fill out my wishlist. Fingers crossed I suppose but my hopes aren't high considering how many people use Steam and they aren't giving away many copies.

Which brings me to my next point. A realisation rather. There aren't that many big titles at the moment that really contend with each other. The only real contenders with each other are CoD:MW3 and BF3. Apart from that the only other really big name at the moment is Skyrim, who in my book was lucky to get so popular in a gaming world that's heading for the "Is it online?",  "No", "Oh... I don't want it" generation. Although I say, well done Bethesda, well done.

MynrQQ

No comments:

Post a Comment